I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really sure what the Liebster award was until Kallia of Kallia’s Everyday Talks nominated me. I had to Google it and discovered that it’s an award for growing, but not huge bloggers to tell someone that you like what they’ve been doing and you want to get to know them better!
I’m all about community in the blogging world – it’s so great to have people you can bounce ideas off of, collaborate with, or be able to ask questions. Here’s what Kallia asked me along with my answers. At the bottom, you can see the people I nominated, along with what I want to know about them!
- What is your fashion/style icon?
- I’d label my style sense as “casually sophisticated” with pops of color in accessories. I don’t really look to one specific person for inspiration.
- What is your biggest regret?
- I waited until senior year of high school to take art class, only to realize I was insanely passionate about it and that it would always be connected to any career I chose.
- If you could change one aspect of your life, what would it be?
- I’d be able to have a dog in my apartment!
- What is your thought process when you write a blog post?
- Often times I think about what I would want to search for but may have trouble finding. I want each post to be helpful or inspirational, while also inviting people to get to know me.
- Where is your favorite destination?
- I’ve been blessed to be able to do some serious traveling, but a piece of my heart will always be in Budapest, Hungary because of my college semester abroad there.
- The three things that are a necessity for your daily routines.
- Making the bed
- Find something inspiring – in print or online
- What is your favorite movie?
- When Harry Met Sally
- Chocolate cake or fruit pie/cake?
- Always pie – no matter what kind. We had pie instead of cake at my wedding!
- What is your favorite perfume/cologne?
- Anything from Coach or Marc Jacobs
- What would you say to your younger self, if you could?
- People will gravitate toward you most when you are yourself and when you love yourself, so stop worrying so much and be the best you can be.
- What is your favorite memory?
- I have a lot of wonderful memories, but my favorite was during my wedding reception, where my husband and I took about 5 minutes to escape the people, sit on a velvet couch, and smile at each other. (Cue the awes)
The Artful Attempt’s Nominations:
Rules – Answer my questions below, nominate more people, ask them questions. Get to know one another, support one another, and have fun!
My questions for you:
- What inspired you to create your blog?
- What has been the most beneficial for you in growing your blog?
- Any favorites for inspiration?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What do you do to “unplug”?
- Any advice for new bloggers?
Liebster Award Image source: